Shiftup Business Agility & Innovation Leader
Shiftup is a new brand of workshops, created by Jurgen Appelo, which embraces continuous innovation and business agility as the starting point for organizational change. At this time, there is one foundational class called Business Agility & Innovation Leader. Later, there will be follow-up professional classes for specific roles of workers in innovative, agile organizations. All foundational and professional classes will come with official ICAgile certification.
What you will learn:
- The aim of this workshop is not to simply review dozens of practices and buzzwords that will be well-known (to some participants). Instead, the goal is to take a higher perspective and achieve a foundational understanding of how all these tools fit into the larger picture of the innovative, evolving company as a family of business models with individual business life cycles. It is the perfect starting point for organizations aiming to achieve a coherent approach to a startup and scaleup culture within a corporate environment, with an equal emphasis on both disruptive and sustaining innovation.
- In two days, you will see that the basic unit for innovation is the strategic business model. You will understand how each business model evolves from exploration and effectiveness to exploitation and efficiency. And you will learn how managers, leaders, designers, and developers need to organize their work differently to create an organization that can reinvent itself continuously and that can scale tremendously.
Shift Up Membership:
- As a member, you have direct access to content, coaching, and a community of peers. Depending on your membership level (and your achievements/badges), you gain access to courseware, games, and exercises, supported by a team that takes care of global marketing and ongoing content development. With our exclusive materials, you can organize and facilitate events and workshops anywhere in the world.
- Membership applies to all current and future courses. This means that you pay only one membership fee for access and usage of all modules, in all modalities, across all courses.
- Classroom workshop – 2 days
- Time: 9.00-17.00 with one-hour break.
- Language: English.
- Certification: There is no test, exam or formal certification for this workshop!
- Prerequisite: None, although we recommend some
familiarity or experience with product design, product
development, team management, business consulting.
- Materials: All digital materials will be offered through an
app on smartphones and tablets (Android only, for now).
Attendees are suggested to bring their own, but some extra
devices will be available for shared usage.
- Format: participants will work in small groups to
collaboratively complete exercises, will discuss their findings
and will play serious games to understand possibilities for
applying what they have learned. The instructor is available
full-time, leading the lectures, questions, and discussions.
This workshop is for you if:
- You are a coach, consultant, team manager, business leader, product designer, product developer, product manager, project manager, human resource manager.
- You want to achieve a foundational understanding of how innovation tools fit into the larger picture of your business life cycles.
- Your company aims to achieve a coherent approach to a startup and scaleup culture.
This is a foundational workshop, meaning that no knowledge or certifications of lean thinking, business agility or innovation are required. This is not an expert-level course. However, having some experience with new product development and business management (in any role) will make attendance easier.
Agenda of the first day
– The Business Lifecycle –
Change, Agility, Innovation, Value & Complexity, The 10 Business Lifecycle stages, Problem/Solution Fit, Product/Market Fit, Business/Market Fit.
– The Business Quilt –
The pieces of the Business Model Quilt, Business Model Canvas, Lean Canvas, Minimum Viable Products, Pivot, Patch & Persevere.
– The Innovation Vortex –
The seven streams of the Innovation Vortex, Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Design Sprints, Lean Personas, Jobs To Be Done, Journey Maps.
Agenda of the second day
– Lean-Agile Principles –
Agile Manifesto, Lean Thinking.
– Purpose & Objectives –
Product Vision, Hoshin Kanri, North Star Metrics, Objectives & Key Results.
– Performance & Metrics –
Velocity, Burn Rate, Queue Length, Flow Efficiency, Burn Charts, CFDs, Pirate Metrics.
– The Innovation Funnel –
Innovation Board, Innovation Accounting, Metered Funding.
– Lean-Agile Mindset –
Growth Mindset, Mental Models.
About the facilitator:
Jurgen Appelo is the Founder/CEO of startup Agility Scales, the author of Management 3.0 and Managing for Happiness, and quite familiar with all the latest trends. He was once Entrepreneur of the Year in The Netherlands. He completed over EUR 1M of investments for his new company, and he is the founder of two other businesses, both of which are profitable. Jurgen was named Europe’s nr 1 Leadership Author